WHAT IS A MENTOR AND HOW CAN YOU BECOME ONE?
Why a MENTORIG Program? Because the talented participants in the Program have the need for support and mentoring by a more experienced person. This will help them realize their talents and skills that will help their development in a professional, emotional and social aspect.
To be a Mentor to one of our talented participants you do NOT need to have experience in the creative sphere of that participant.
The role of the Mentor requires:
- positive example for the child/teenager;
- guidance for the realization of the participants interests and goals;
- guidance on his / her social and relationship with others;
- support for building a positive self-esteem;
- motivating and encouraging growth in the chosen field of development;
- regular weekly meetings between the mentor and the child / young person.
This is possible through:
- the gradual establishment of trust relationships;
- organizing or involving the participants in various events for personal and professional development (eg seminars, workshops, cultural events);
- emotional support and personal example.
The responsibilities of the Mentor are:
- to explore the individual capabilities and interests of the participant;
- to target and recommend appropriate activities and events to the participant;
- to help him / her choose a university, internship, profession, etc.
Mentoring in the “Hidden Talents of Bulgaria” Program is a voluntary, unpaid form of mentor and mentor relationship with clearly established rules, goals and principles of interaction within the Mentoring Program. Mentors in our program undergo specialized training to prepare them for work with the program participants.
The mentoring program includes an entire team who works in line with both the objectives of the Program and the individual goals set by and for each participant. For optimal results and compliance with the general rules of the Mentoring Program, the goals and action plan for achieving them are actively discussed with the team and participants in the Program.
In May 2019 our team will start recruiting new Mentors for the new school year – September 2019 and May 2020. If you want to be one of them you can send us a CV and a motivational letter in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The best sign of success for a teacher is when you can safely say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’ – Maria Montessori